Monday, September 29, 2008

Autin, Texas


A couple of weeks ago Kevin and I went to Austin, TX for Mara's wedding. This was my first real experience in Texas, besides last year when we drove through the panhandle of Texas. Now from our drive through Texas I didn't expect a whole lot because it was barren and dry and nothing around, but Austin was very nice and green. We had a lot of fun, visiting old friends and just having a relaxing weekend. Our first day in town we spent the day with a friend of Kevin's from Liberty. He showed us around Austin and took us to Rudy's BBQ. It was quite amazing. Kevin liked it a little too much, he was ready to go back for breakfast. On Sunday we toured around town a bit and then went to Mara's wedding. The wedding was beautiful, it was at Nature's Point a little cottage on Lake Travis. The wedding was very fun, but very hot and humid. I think Kevin and I both sweated through our clothes, but we had a wonderful time. On Monday we decided that since we were so close, we couldn't come to Texas and not go to the Alamo. And so that is just what we did. We drove just over an hour to San Antonio and visited the Alamo and the River Walk. It was a wonderful weekend.

No comments: