Thursday, July 7, 2011
Spokane Part 3: Hoopfest
On Friday night before Hoopfest, Kevin & the Arnolds (minus their kids) and the Wallis' our friends from Phoenix arrived, very very late I might add. Its a good thing that the guys did not have their first game until 11:00 AM Saturday. For those of you who do not know Hoopfest is a very large 3 on 3 basketball tournament in Spokane. They shut down all the streets in downtown and set up basketball courts. And bright and early Saturday morning the games begin. It is a double elimination tournament, but you are guaranteed 3 games. The men played basketball while the women cheered them on. Here is the crew, at the start of the day, sporting our "Wow your Spouse" gear. The Wallis are on the left, Kevin & I in the middle and the Arnold's on the right. We had a wonderful weekend. The guys had a blast playing basketball.
Here they are ready to get the game underway.
Justin taking a shot.
Adam's turn.
And there is Kevin.
One of my favorite parts of Hoopfest is catching up with friends and family that you see downtown. The Greers came out to support the guys on Saturday. And Audra enjoyed getting to know Aaron, and I think he enjoyed playing with her too.
Well and she enjoyed trying to sneak a few cheerios as well.
Gavin loved watching basketball, and was dying to be able to get out on the court and play.
I love Audra peeking over Kevin's shoulder.
So we found a hoop for Gav to shoot a few hoops between games.
The guys played 2 more games Saturday, they lost the 2nd game and ended the day with a win, which meant they made it Sunday.

Gotta love the intensity.

I think maybe this was a foul.

Kevin was full of wonderful faces on the day.

Kisses anyone.
After the last game Saturday, Gavin finally got his chance to shoot some hoops. He was quite excited.
For this shot he ran the length of two full courts to then shoot his basketball.
He then got some help from Tanner. I somehow managed to not get a picture of my friends from high school Summer & Tanner. We had a wonderful time catching up with them over the day. They watched a couple of Kevin's game and we watched a couple of Tanner's. It wouldn't be hoopfest without the fun of catching up with old friends.


On Sunday the guys won their first game and then lost the 2nd.



We had wonderful weather all weekend. It was perfect and cool, but warm when sitting in the sun, perfect for playing basketball. As Kevin said it was a successful weekend, because they won more games than they lost. We celebrated the end of Hoopfest with a yummy lunch at the Onion and lots of Onion rings. And we are all looking forward to coming back next year to do it all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great pictures, Lindsey! Looks like the trip was a lot of fun :)
I like Tanners pink water bottle - I think I have the same one hahah.
Post a Comment