Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Busy Gavin

Well as usual Gavin has been quite busy lately. He seems to be over his cold for the most part today, except for a runny nose. However I believe that the nose is from his teeth. He has almost all four eye teeth in now, thankfully. He has been very busy getting those teeth in and I think we will all be happier once they are. So the following pictures are just a little view of what Gavin does all day.

Today included some reading of God's Word.
He was very happy to find Kevin's Bible. He kept climbing up the stairs and sitting and would then open up the Bible and flip through the pages. It was very cute. Since he was loving pretending to read, we actually sat down later and read a little story, very temporarily since he doesn't sit too long at a time. (Oh and since he has become such a good climber up and down the stairs I don't put the gate up anymore, I think he feels quite privelaged because he loves to just go sit on the stairs now).
About a week or so ago some friends from church wanted to get rid of a train table, their children are older now and it was taking up space. We were very thankful to recieve this gift. Gavin loves to play with the trains. And at this point tear the tracks apart.

Look at that snotty nose.
And all those teeth.
He also has quite the fetish with his sunglasses these days. And is getting quite good at getting them on all by himself.

The funniest part of this picture is that we have two of these green chairs side-by-side and Kevin and I always sit in the one chair with the laptop. So yesterday I was checking my email, and he went and got his computer out and crawled up on the chair next to me and started typing on his computer. Too cute.
Yesterday I told Gavin we were going to go outside, so he ran and found his sunglasses and then followed me down the stairs. He then went and got inside he car and put his sunglasses on. I was laughing so hard, it was very funny.
This picture cracks me up because he was tipping his head back to keep the sunglasses on.

Again trying to keep the glasses on, too funny.


4 comments:

Carol said...

Those last pictures made me laugh...so funny! He is becoming quite the independent young man! Glad he is feeling better! We miss you :)

Becky said...

Yes, I had a good laugh too. I love the upside down glasses. I am quite happy to see his love of God's Word too! Way to train him up guys! Maybe you should highlight some verses about controlling his temper : ) maybe obeying parents too! Hey, strike while the iron is hot, right?

Phil and Bri said...

hilarious!! what a cutie!! great post!!

Mandy said...

AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAHA I am going to go ahead and let myself belive that he inherited his love of sunglasses from me!!