Well we had quite a week. Last weekend Nana and Gramps were still here through Saturday. And on Friday night Pops came into town for the weekend too! It has been very fun having so much family around. We have Grammy coming next week and then we will be sad to not have anyone coming to town for awhile. So here is what we spent our week doing . . .
We made marshmallow popcorn that I saw on Pinterest, two of Gavin's favorite things: popcorn & "smashmallows". Gavin has been enjoying laying on Hadley's new playmat with her. And Audra got a new Belle baby that came with a carseat. I was leaving the house and had Hadley in the carseat on my arm, so Audra then went and got her baby and her carseat, like mommy, like daughter. It was pretty cute.
It was another beautiful week, so the kiddos spent lots of time playing outside in the afternoons. Which also means that they spend a lot of time in the bath as well, cleaning off all the dirt. On Friday night we met Graunt Kathy & Gruncle Pauly for dinner at one of our new favorite places, Chino Bandido! The kids were loving having Gruncle Pauly sit at the end of the table with them to play with.
Gavin enjoyed listening to music with Gramps, snuggling with Hadley, & working on the car with Pops. He is getting lots of good lessons on how to fix the car these days.
Gavin enjoyed breakfast on our new kitchen table. Audra showed off her new dress that she picked out. She only has a few words, but one of them she seems to use a lot lately is "mmmmmiiinnneee!" She pulled this dress out of the closet and then tried to put on jeans underneath, when I tried to take the jeans away she began yelling, "mmmmmmmmmmine, mmmmmmmmine, mmmmmine!" How did I get two children so opinionated about their clothes! I also made the mistake this week of asking Audra to grab a pair of pajamas for herself. Her pjs are on the bottom shelf in her closet, and she has managed to grab them before, but today her and Gavin could not handle it apparently. This is what I found when I later went upstairs to put her to bed, everything off of the bottom 3 shelves in her closet was strewn across the floor. This was quite shocking, but it was even more shocking to walk into the closet and see the shelves completely cleared off. Lovely. And Hadley has been enjoying her bath times as well.
Sunday the guys spent the afternoon at Barrett-Jackson (a large carshow here in Phoenix). Gavin loved all the cars, but was a little upset that he wasn't allowed to get in the cars.
Audra enjoying another bath. And Gavin helped me bake some cookies. And I let him lick the beater, which he of course loved. Oh and here's a funny story. So I was letting him turn on the mixer when I was ready. Well I had the beater up in the air while I took the bowl out so we could put the batter on the pan, and then he turned on the mixer. Needless to say it sprayed batter across the room. We were both laughing and he was apologizing for turning it on. I was then working on cleaning up the mess and there was some batter on the counter in front of him, so I told him he could eat it. He looked at me like I was crazy. I then showed him, that it was ok to use his finger to wipe the batter and eat it, he again looked at me like I was crazy and proceeded to use his spoon to scoop it up and put it back in the bowl. I couldn't help but laugh, because here I was telling the boy to eat the sweets and use his fingers and he was too clean and proper to do so. Funny boy.
The kiddos then enjoyed eating their cookies!
So in the bottom picture on the right Gavin said, "Audra, you're my BEST friend!" It was very cute. Later he was outside and Audra was inside and they were both standing at the back slider door and they were chatting back and forth and he was using "best friend" as her name. "Hey BEST friend!" I hope that never ends.
Gavin found his pirate patch and was pretending to sword fight and Audra got a cold and was quite grumpy.
Love this picture!
Today we all woke up with colds. The kids were fighting over who got to sit on mommy's lap or who got to sit next to mommy, but at least for a little while they enjoyed snuggling with each other. Gavin helped me feed Hadley so that I could tend to Audra. And Miss Hadley is full of smiles these days!
I caught the kids red-handed! Have you seen a more guilty looking face? They also enjoyed going through everything and making messes this week.
And that's about it for this week. We ended the week with colds, all of us. So hopefully we can get some rest this weekend before Grammy comes to visit us next week.

No comments:
Post a Comment