Our crazy life just keeps on going. So here it is, a week in a review.
We were able to get the first braid in Audra's hair! Yeah. Audra is learning how to be much more gentle with Hadley. And Gavin had another baseball game!
He had a much better game this week and participated a lot more!
Hadley can feed her self most of time! I celebrated another year. Auntie Mandy came over early to decorate my house with streamers and brought me breakfast! It was quite yummy. Thanks Mandy. And Gavin was busy drawing me masterpieces. He was using my stack of signs as his easel. I asked him to turn around and smile for a picture and he nicely leaned his arm down and posed! Funny boy. He then was hanging his artwork on the shelves.
On my birthday we met some friends for lunch at Joe's BBQ and then let the kids play. It was a fun day to not think about all the market stuff going on and the kids all played very nicely. And then we came home and Auntie Mandy came over and watched the kids so Kevin and I could go to dinner! I told you, I do have an amazing sister.
Hadley was quite tuckered out at dinner. She fell asleep while I was finishing getting everything on the table. Look at that sweet face.
Miss Audra and her craziness when she first wakes up!
I was quite busy this week getting everything ready for the market. So we spent a lot of time in the garage "working on projects" as Gavin would say. He had many of his own projects he was working on, like losing screws and nails in the box, but it kept him busy. And Hadley just enjoyed being outside.
Kevin was out of town for 2 days, so it made the week quite crazy, but thanks to the help of Mandy I was able to finish up the last few things I needed to before the big day. And then the day finally arrived. We spent the entire day from sun up to sun down on Friday at WestWorld setting everything up and then setting it up again after the tents blew over and a few of them broke. But we managed to get it all together, with the help of Monique brother and father in law, and husband, Kevin and his dad, Coley's husband and then in the wee hours we had Auntie Mandy and Uncle Jake and Auntie Hannah to help finish up as well. It was a crazy day, but by the Lord's grace it all came together. And then bright and early Saturday morning the vendors began to arrive! And the long awaited day was finally underway. With a beautiful sunrise to start it off. And a great line of people waiting to come in at 9AM.
We had live music, thank to a friend of Coley's from Young Life, lots of fabulous giveaways and lots and lots of great chippy, rusty, vintage stuff!
Everyone seemed to have a great day and left with FULL arms! yeah! Again thank you Lord for a successful day. Over 1000 people showed up and shopped to their hearts content. We had a couple vendors sell completely out of everything they brought! Pretty crazy. Jake took lots of fabulous pictures that we will have soon to show off, Hannah was a social media guru keeping everyone in the know and our greeter/counter, Mandy kept our booth running and functioning smoothly, Coley's parents & Justin kept everyone happy at the front gate taking their money, Doug and Adam and their dad helped all the shoppers carry their heavy items to their cars and load them in. Thank you everyone for all the amazing help. We truly could not have done it without you. And a huge thank you to Gramps for coming in for the weekend and helping. On Saturday he took Gavin to his baseball game (since it was picture day and our snack day) and kept Gavin busy all day on Saturday. Oh and how could I forget a huge thank you to Young Life. We had 10 girls who helped direct everyone in the parking lot to actually make it down to the event. We dontated a cart to them to sell raffle tickets as all the shoppers were entering the event and they sold almost $600 in tickets. And all the money goes straight to them to help pay for camp this summer! They were amazing and we wouldn't have been successful without them. Oh and how could I forget my AMAZING husband who was the glue that kept us all together and sane! When we had moments of panic when the tents blew over he was there calming us all down with a plan and ready to move on. He is truly AMAZING! And we would not even have a business or market without him!
On Sunday I'm not sure we moved much. We were all completely exhausted and sore. The kiddos enjoyed having Gramps in town. The kids were quite busy getting into everything. Gavin has decided he wants to cook all the time. So yesterday when I opened the fridge this is what I found. He had made dinner, the plate in the back, which is peanut butter sandwhich crackers which he added additional peanut butter too and the front is apparently frozen cereal?! I'm not sure, but he was quite proud of himself.
And that's our week. We continue to keep it exciting, but hopefully now we will have a little repreive anyway. A little, since we will start this week on the next market.
.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment