It has taken me a while to get to our Thanksgiving, but here it is. My whole family came to visit us here in Phoenix. We had a wonderful time and I'm so thankful for a wonderful house with lots of room for everyone to stay. On Thanksgiving Mandy, Pops & I ran in the Anthem Turkey Trot, well run is not all true, I think I walked at least half of it. Lets just say I am quite out of shape and didn't think I might make it across the finish line, but my lovely sister who convinced me to sign up and had been training very slowly jogged next to me the whole time, and Pops left us both in the dust from the minute the gun went off. We had a lot of fun and I was glad that I had done it. Kevin went and played in the Faith Forward Annual Turkey Bowl, his team lost, but they had fun playing. While the others all came to watch us finish the Turkey Trot.
We then came home to finish preparing our meal. Grammy was busy in the kitchen for several days preparing and the rest of us girls helped her finish the preparations while Kevin cooked his Dr. Pepper turkey. And it was wonderful as usual. We had a full table of friends and family and amazing food. So I have one funny story to add. As we were all loading up our plates, we went around the table and shared what we were thankful for, well the entire time everyone was sharing Gavin was also sharing what he is most thankful for . . . does anyone have a guess? ? ? Well if you guessed Justin Bieber you were correct! Gavin was yelling "BIEBER" for the whole neighborhood to hear.
The day after the men spent the day watching football while the ladies were busy crafting and making wreaths. They all turned out quite beautiful I might add.
And Saturday we spent the day as a family and celebrated the little man's birthday. Thank you to everyone who came to visit we had a wonderful time and loved having you all in our home to celebrate with us. The Lord has truly blessed us.






1 comment:
it should probably be noted that we worked on the meal while listening to Justin Beiber :)
Post a Comment