Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trip to Oakland: Day 2

Wow I didn't realize how many pictures I took, but I do love my pictures!

On Saturday we mostly just relaxed and hung out around Great Nanny & Great Poppy's house.  The kids loved playing outside in the backyard and there was a playground just down the street, those two things make the kids very very happy.

They also enjoyed coloring . . .

And so begin the many faces of Little Missy again . . .
She loved sitting on this step . . . the perfect height . . .

Playing with chalk . . .

We then walked over the the playground.

Audra is my fearless child.  She will walk right off the edge of the playground and not even think twice about doing it again.  She walks right up to the slide and just walks off the edge till she starts sliding.  What a funny girl.  But boy, does she love her daddy!
Lots and lots of sliding . . . (which reminds me of a funny story from last night at dinner.  So yesterday the kids and I had lunch with Graunt Kathy and she was asking Gavin how our weekend was.  Gavin was babbling on about "Jesus" and "church," which we didn't make it to church this weekend because we were gone.  So I was telling Kevin about how Gavin was telling Graunt Kathy about "Jesus" and "church", so Kevin asked Gav what he was telling her.  Gavin's reply was, "talk Jesus, go SLIDE!"  We both started cracking up.  He obviously was talking about Sunday School, but it was quite funny.  At church during Sunday School they usually get to go play on the playground, but again, we didn't go this week.  Anyways that turned into a long story, sorry).

Gavin likes to be lifted up to the hoop and decided that he just wanted to hang . . .


And of course someone got jealous and wanted a turn too . . .
She is a quick learner.


Gavin played lots of baseball . . .



And flew around with Uncle Nate . . .
And loose his pants . . . And someone else got jealous and needed a turn too . . .

Lots of snuggles . . .
Nana & Gramps
Nan wanted to compare our bellies.


And yes I still have more pictures, so check back tomorrow.


4 comments:

Mandy said...

yay first shots of your hair in action i love it - so dark now though :) [we both got new wedding hair]

Summer said...

Your new do is perfection!! LOVE the way it looks on you!! Truth be told, you could rock any style, but this is fabulous!

Lauren said...

Yes, I like your hair-do too! :)

Becky said...

I am amazed at how dark your hair looks, especially in the Audra pics. Looks great though. You look very young : ) which is good for me, my kids have to stay very young! Fun pictures! I love the ones with Kev and Nanny holding hands! So sweet