Friday, June 1, 2012

Insta Friday

Well its another crazy week, this week we've had a bit of a bug so we have spent most of the week just laying low.  Last weekend I went to Cali for a quick trip to go to a wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding and I am so thankful that my wonderful husband allowed me to go by myself.  Audra helped me make some muffins before I left and Audra quite enjoys licking the beater these days.  I think she could stand to lick her face after, but she enjoys it.  Audra was in her going things mode before I left and found glitter!  Kevin's favorite thing in the world and she managed to spill a whole container all over and on Kevin's shoe.
When Kevin came to pick me up at the airport, this is how Gavin greeted me.  He was wiped out to say the least.  On Monday we headed down to Rudy's.  Its a bbq place that just opened here in Phoenix, can I just say the best bbq I have ever had.  Kevin and I had been to Rudy's in Austin before Gavin was born and have been wanting to go back to Texas just to get more of that bbq ever since.  So you can imagine we were quite excited when we heard they were opening one here in Phoenix, but it's unfortunately not close to us at all.  So since we didn't have plans on Monday, we celebrated Memorial Day by getting us some bbq.  Audra loved the pulled pork and the potato salad.  Gavin was not so sure at first, but ended up eating it all.  And Hadley, she had her first bite of potato salad, and was not so sure at first, but ended up screaming when I didn't give her another bite.  She's a funny one.  And can I say it was just as great, if not better, than I remembered.
As you can see Audra was quite exhausted from her all nighter.  And then enjoyed putting necklaces on Miss Hadley.
Gavin constucted himself some wings like Iron Man so he could fly.  And Audra enjoyed herself some snuggles with Daddy.
Hadley tried her first avocado this week and loved it.  And then yesterday we joined some friends at the splash pad to cool off in our 112 degree temperatures.  I love that they were sitting together on the same chair without fighting, it was a rare moment these days.

No comments: