Friday, August 10, 2012

InstaFriday

Helping Pops pick up pinecones.  Their reward was a ride in the wheelbarrel.
Building houses with Pops.  She was very proud of her houses.
Bath time.  They enjoyed Grammy & Pop's big bathtub.

On Saturday the ladies enjoyed some junkin'.  We had lots of fun digging through the mess to find our treasures.  Even Audra found a few treasures, a necklace and a few horses.
And we then had a yummy lunch at Rons as a treat.
Hadley has quite enjoyed the wonderful green grass and all the freedom.
And lots of jumping on the trampoline!

The kiddos enjoyed playing lots of hide and seek.  This was my favorite, Pops hid under the buffet and then got stuck!  It was pretty funny.  I have to admit, I couldn't stop laughing.
And lots of picking raspberries at Grandmas.
We had a wonderful breakfast for dinner at Frank's Diner!  It's an old train, the kids thought it was very exciting.  As we were getting on, Gavin yells, "but mom, where's the wheels!"  And while we waited for our food they enjoyed building towers with the creamers and jams.
I think they had fun!
Gavin was quite busy in "his office" as he called it.  He was very busy in the window, drawing lots of pictures and chatting away.
Audra and Gavin were Pops little helpers and collected all the trash to head to the dump.
One day we went to Silverwood, its a theme park and a water park in one.  The kids had sooo much fun.  I was so impressed, Gavin and Audra neither one were afraid of any of the rides!  They just wanted to ride everything over and over again.  And they even rode all the kids rides all by themselves.  It was a big day for Gavin who seems to be quite easily scared.

Gavin rode the ferris wheel with Pops.
And Audra rode with Grammy. 
They loved the airplanes!
The tilt-a-whirl!  Yikes!  I think this will be Pops and Mommy's last tilt-a-whirl experience.  Too much spinning!
Gavin was dying to go on a rollercoaster, so thankfully they had a kids coaster, because he's not quite tall enough for the big coasters yet.  Next summer.  Gavin loved driving the antique cars.  It was quite a rough ride for Audra and I.

We spent the second half of the day over at Boulder Beach the water park.  The kids had so much fun in the water!  Gavin even went down the water slides all by himself.  I was so proud of him.
Gavin enjoyed karate-chopping the waterfall.
Audra was no so sure of Gavin's driving in the cars!
One night after Gavin had gone to bed, Hadley was quite happy to play with his "guys".
Audra, Hadley, Grammy and I had a tea party one morning while Gavin and Pops helped fix Grandmas car.  As if the picture doesnt speak for itself, Audra loved it.  Grammy had a Strawberry Shortcake tea set with little cups and Audra thought they were great and LOVED the tea.  I think she had 5 cups of tea.
Of course we had to get dressed up, but Hadley was not so sure about what was going on.
Grammy & Miss Audra in their tea attire!
Look at this big girl sitting in a chair all by herself and of course busy sneaking lots and lots of food!
I think she liked it!

One afternoon we went to Riverfront Park for an afternoon of fun.  The kids loved all the rides.  I think the bumper boats were a favorite.
Even Hadley enjoyed herself and the beautiful weather.  Gavin rode the ferris wheel with Pops.
Audra rode the ferris wheel with Grammy.  And we all rode the carosel many, many times!
Lots of fun to be had.  The kids just love all the space to run and play outside, and of course the grass!  And Gavin took a lovely picture of me trying on my $1 find.
Hadley was enjoying climbing around and inside the suitcases as we packed.

Hadley particularly loved the grass.  I think shes a good 'ol country girl.  While Audra and Gavin showed off their muscles.


One last goodbye to Grandma before we left.  The kids just loved her.  It was so cute to see them interacting.
A rare moment of them both sitting still and reading.
And then we packed the car and got ready to set out on our way back to Phoenix.  But the minute I started the car I heard an awful thud, and then again, and then the car started shaking while we were just sitting there.  So we drove the car to my parents neighbors shop to have them take a look at it.  He didn't have time to pull it apart, but said that it was something with the fuel line.  So on we went to another shop, a friend of my parent's from church.  Thankfully there was a park right around the corner, so we took the kids to run around and play.  About an hour and a half later I get a phone call and the man says, "You're never going to guess what we found in your car,"  I really had no idea, he said, "a SQUIRRELl!"  Apparently a squirrel had climbed up under the hood, and when I stated the car, the squirrel got knocked in the head by the radiator fan and fell inside.  The squirrel did manage to break a few of the fan blades, so we had to wait for them to get a few new blades and put them on, but very minor considering how awful the car felt.  And I have to say, that squirrel was one of the fatest squirrels I've seen in a long time.  The guys had a picture of the squirrel it was all in one piece and not even a scratch on him, just sitting inside the fan, dead of course.  It was a lovely way to start our trip and we got a very late start, but we went on and made our way to Idaho Falls that first night.  We were just very thankful that it was just a few fan blades and not something more.  And to think it was all because of a squirrel!  Which can I add, not one time, the entire time we were at my parents did I see one squirrel!  Not once and we spent a lot of time outside.  Crazy.
It was a beautiful drive.  The kiddos were definitely going crazy by the end of the night, but finally fell asleep about an hour before we got there.  They were quite tired when we arrived, so they rode on the cart with all the bags.  They thought it was very exciting, heavy for me, but fun.
The following day we went to St George, Utah and then made it home the following day.  The whole car ride home Gavin was talking about us going to Daddy's Home!  I'm not sure if he really couldn't remember or if he was just joking, but he kept acting like he had no idea what our home was like, like he had no recollection of his room or the backyard.  At one point he asked where he was going to sleep.  Goofy kid.  And when we got home, he ran around to all his toys, hugging them like he was seeing them for the very first time.  It was quite hillarious.  I guess we need to leave our toys behind more often.
Audra was very excited to get back to her Auntie Mandy.  She was very happy to snuggle right up to her.  And whenever Grammy got more food out, Audra was immediately by her side waiting to "help" her.
Over the weekend, we went over to Auntie Mandy's pool, to try to beat the heat for awhile.
"Cheese!"
Miss Hadley is all over the place these days.  She also is enjoying being home and cruising around.
I love this crazy girl!  She is quite busy these days, crawling all over and pull herself up on anything she can get her hands on.
Especially the tub!  She is quite proud of herself!
Gavin decided he didn't need my help.  He went to the fridge and made himself a turkey and cheese rollup (w/ bbq sauce) all by himself.
The other day while I was working on my computer and the girls were sleeping, Gavin had been sitting quietly on the couch.  See I should have known, it was too quiet.  He then came over and asked me if I would help him draw a daddy with my finger, I said "what?" and turned and looked at the couch and this is what I saw!  I couldn't believe it.  I told him Daddy was not going to be happy with him and that he was in trouble, so he proceeded to grab the wipes and clean it off.  And about 5 minutes later he told me to look and I have to say that they were all gone.  He got lucky this time and must not have scratched as deep as it seemed.

Silly Gavin trying on a baby hat.
And that's it!  Took me long enough, but that is the last 2 weeks of our life.  We thank the Lord we made it home safely and without too much craziness!  Of course there had to be a little crazy, but we survived and are back home in the scorching heat!

No comments: