Friday, August 24, 2012

InstaFriday

Alright.  Another week.  The kids have all been fighting colds this week, so we haven't been too much of anywhere, so here is some of the excitement.
 
Audra loves to wear her high heels around the house.  I have to say she is pretty good at walking around in them.  Well one day she decided to try to walk down the stairs, maybe not the best idea.  Within 2 steps she rolled her ankle!  After a few minutes of sobbing and crying, she got back up and was walking down the stairs again.  She's quite the determined girl to say the least.
Miss Hadley is also quite determined these days.  Last weekend, she discovered she could crawl all the way up the stairs.  And then of course it didn't stop.  Everytime you turn your head, she heads to the stairs and is half way up before you know it.
The girls enjoyed some horse riding together.  I'm not sure Hadley really enjoyed it.
Audra, the party girl, is crazy as usual!
And Miss Hadley is the quite one!
 
 While I was on the phone with Kevin one day this week, Gavin was very busy making another meal.  Gavin is quite into cooking and making sandwiches.  He likes to be self sucfficient.  Usually its just sandwiches, on this morning he had already made him and Audra rollup, with a tortilla, cheese, turkey and raspberry vinigerette.  We have been out of ranch and bbq sauce which are usually his go tos.  So then for an afternoon snack he decided to make a nutella (which I have to say, it was the fancy stuff from France, a gift from Mandy from Paris), balsalmic dressing, and raspberry vinigerette.  The sandwich was originally just the middle 2 slices of bread, but in effort to save the bread, and counter from being a complete disaster, we added to additional slices to help absorb all the liquid.  He then declared that the sandwich was for daddy.  Yum!  Don't you just want a big bite!
 Miss Hadley got to sit in the big girl seat with Audra at the grocery store.  She was not so sure.  I think she actually likes that Audra or Gavin can't usually touch her in the cart. 
 Audra was carrying on some important business. 
 Hadley is growing so fast.  This outfit I actually took out of Audra's closet this morning . . . I mean, it still fits Audra.  Crazy! 
 Hadley has a gotten a cough the last couple of days, and well yesterday it prohibited her from staying asleep during nap time.  I think now she is regretting not taking that nap now that it was dinner time. 
 But of course she managed to wake up in time to get some ice cream. 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Audra looks like she's ready to hit the town in her "mini-dress" and high heels! Ha. And mmmmm...nutella balsamic raspberry sandwich- such sophisticated flavors for a 3 year old! :)