We landed in Rome Saturday morning, without much sleep shall I add, and hit the ground running. We made a quick stop at our bed and breakfast to drop off our backpacks and started our very long walk. We walked up a hill through a beautiful park on our way to find the Vatican. After much walking and a few dead ends we arrived at the Vatican. It was quite stunning. There was so much to see and we were pushed through by all the crowds so I'm sure we really only saw a very small portion of all there was to see. We also toured St. Peter's Basilica which was also quite beautiful. One of our favorite site of the day was the Sisteen Chapel. It was truly amazing to see the detail, however I have to admit something to you; now keep in mind we were running on no sleep and were now in the late afternoon, but we were sitting in the Sisteen Chapel listening to our Rick Steve's tour on the ipod, staring at the ceiling and . . . I . . . fell asleep. Yep I fell asleep. Quite embarassing, but I was so exhausted from not sleeping on the flight and then from walking all day. Anyway that is my story for the day, I also fell asleep at dinner that night, needless to say it was a rough day without any sleep and lots and lots of walking. We also did see the Spanish Steps, we happened to wander upon them at sunset, which was quite amazing, not only because it was a beautiful sunset but because of the swarms and swarms of people. Rome is one busy, busy city with lots and lots of people.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Our Trip to Italy: Day 1 Rome
Alright well as most of you know, Kevin and I had the chance to take an amazing trip to Italy. We had an wonderful time, while Gavin and Audra soaked up some wonderful Grammy and Pops time at home in Phoenix. We were very busy trying to fit as much in to each day as possible, but it was so worth it. So since I have way too many pictures, I decided I would pick a few of my favorites from each day and then you if you have the time you can view the slideshow at the end.
We landed in Rome Saturday morning, without much sleep shall I add, and hit the ground running. We made a quick stop at our bed and breakfast to drop off our backpacks and started our very long walk. We walked up a hill through a beautiful park on our way to find the Vatican. After much walking and a few dead ends we arrived at the Vatican. It was quite stunning. There was so much to see and we were pushed through by all the crowds so I'm sure we really only saw a very small portion of all there was to see. We also toured St. Peter's Basilica which was also quite beautiful. One of our favorite site of the day was the Sisteen Chapel. It was truly amazing to see the detail, however I have to admit something to you; now keep in mind we were running on no sleep and were now in the late afternoon, but we were sitting in the Sisteen Chapel listening to our Rick Steve's tour on the ipod, staring at the ceiling and . . . I . . . fell asleep. Yep I fell asleep. Quite embarassing, but I was so exhausted from not sleeping on the flight and then from walking all day. Anyway that is my story for the day, I also fell asleep at dinner that night, needless to say it was a rough day without any sleep and lots and lots of walking. We also did see the Spanish Steps, we happened to wander upon them at sunset, which was quite amazing, not only because it was a beautiful sunset but because of the swarms and swarms of people. Rome is one busy, busy city with lots and lots of people.

We landed in Rome Saturday morning, without much sleep shall I add, and hit the ground running. We made a quick stop at our bed and breakfast to drop off our backpacks and started our very long walk. We walked up a hill through a beautiful park on our way to find the Vatican. After much walking and a few dead ends we arrived at the Vatican. It was quite stunning. There was so much to see and we were pushed through by all the crowds so I'm sure we really only saw a very small portion of all there was to see. We also toured St. Peter's Basilica which was also quite beautiful. One of our favorite site of the day was the Sisteen Chapel. It was truly amazing to see the detail, however I have to admit something to you; now keep in mind we were running on no sleep and were now in the late afternoon, but we were sitting in the Sisteen Chapel listening to our Rick Steve's tour on the ipod, staring at the ceiling and . . . I . . . fell asleep. Yep I fell asleep. Quite embarassing, but I was so exhausted from not sleeping on the flight and then from walking all day. Anyway that is my story for the day, I also fell asleep at dinner that night, needless to say it was a rough day without any sleep and lots and lots of walking. We also did see the Spanish Steps, we happened to wander upon them at sunset, which was quite amazing, not only because it was a beautiful sunset but because of the swarms and swarms of people. Rome is one busy, busy city with lots and lots of people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
hahahahahahahaah you fell asleep??!?!? Photo #2 is my fav!
Mandy! I am so so jealous of you guys! That is our hopeful destination this next summer! We wanna do Greece and Italy! Did you do a travel agent type deal or did you guys do it all your self? Love the pics!
Post a Comment